Friday, August 24, 2007

Buying a car [part 2]

They say all good things must come to an end. I guess that's true most of the time. It was true for my Suzuki. It was fun to drive, but eventually I had to admit that it was not very practical. For my IT support work I needed a more practical vehicle. One that could carry a decent load. And so the "zook" had to go.

Now, I hear you saying: "People buy cars all the time. Why bring God into it?" Well it's not so much the buying of the car, but the specifics that reveal God.

Problem 1: My first problem is that the "zook" was my only car and my only means of transport. If I sold it I would not have any means of transport. Not totally impossible to handle as my friends would give me lifts, but an awkward situation.

Problem 2: I refuse to owe money on a car. So any car I buy must be bought cash. I was now looking for a small 1/2 ton bakkie in good condition, but I had only the money from the sale of the "zook" available. I had to get a good price for the "zook" And I had then I had to find a cheap bakkie in good condition.

No problems are too big or small to take to God. These 2 I submitted in prayer to God and it's in how he answered these prayers that I see God at work.

Solution 1: A man agreed to buy my "zook", but he lives in Oudtshoorn. So he asked if he can pay me now and then come fetch the "zook" in 2 weeks, when he can come up with his son. There it was! He paid me in full for the jeep 2 weeks before he took it. I had 2 weeks to search for a replacement. God?

Solution 2: My buyer offered me the full advertised price on the "zook". Exactly what I wanted. So I had the maximum amount I could afford for a bakkie. The day before the buyer was to arrive I still had found nothing. Now if you've experienced God work then you know that it's not time to worry. 1 Day is more than enough time for God.

Thursday I went to Krugersdorp to cruise the second-hand car dealers for options. I found 2 for my price (I always seem to get a choice), where before I'd found nothing worth even considering! I chose the newer of the 2 bakkie, an Opel Corsa.

Friday morning I drove the "zook" to the airport; picked up the buyer and his son; drove back to my house; handed over the keys and waved my "zook" goodbye; climbed in my landlords car; drove to Krugersdorp and drove home in my new Opel Corsa bakkie! Enough said!

Many times we look to the big miracles to see God. But in my experience God works most in the small details. When we trust our problems to him we see him work in the small things. Sometimes we only see his hand by looking back at the past, but I assure you that if you trust him he will be there.

No comments: