Friday, August 31, 2007

Free website hosting

Ok, so there's no evidence of God working in this. In other words this is not something I specifically prayed about and God answered. But it's cool non the less and it's something I just stumbled upon.

I have found that I can offer free website hosting to anyone that wants. No catch.... okay maybe a little catch. You can't use your own custom domain for your website and your webpages get a Google advert displayed on them. Not the worst price to pay for free webspace.

My host is ts4m-host.org and anyone can sign up. The details are all on my little host site. Primarily I want to use this for missionaries, missionary organizations or other non-profit organizations that a) can't afford to pay for web hosting and b) want their own site. For those not technically capable I then am able to offer help designing and administrating the website.

Ok, this sounds like and advert...and in a way it is. I'd like people to hear about it because I really want to help organizations and even individuals get exposure for the good work they are doing. And what better place than the Internet?

Subsequent to all this I decided it would be nice for me to offer full website support to organizations that want to use their own domain name, etc. I've signed up as a host reseller with a local company and will be offering this too soon. The free host is open to all, even if you're not a missionary or mission organization. This host will be specifically for non-profit organizations, so the sign-up will be restricted. More on this one once I've sorted out the details...

I'm hoping God can use even these simple tools to help spread his good news.

No comments: