Sunday, January 27, 2013

Prayer #Fail

Prayer has never been a strong point for me. This challenge really highlighted that. The task was to focus prayer on just one thing for the whole week. Jesus taught that we should be persistent in our requests to God, even when we did not seem to be hearing an answer.

I started the challenge strong, as always, but quickly faded as the week went on. The discipline to set aside large chunks of time to devote exclusively to pray is hard enough as it is. To then use that time to pray only for one request, over and over and over. It exposed my weak discipline!

The request I prayed for remains unanswered, so I'll be continuing to pray for it throughout the next few months. I guess you could say that, while I failed the specifics of this task, I did learn something after all. I learned that God enjoys hearing from us, even if we may feel like we're being repetitive.

No comments: