Saturday, January 28, 2006

Cold hands = Fun!

Today I went for a drive into the mountains close to where I stay. I went with a family who have been helping me here a lot. We drove into the mountains to see if any of the snow from last week was still around. And we found it, only a 20 minute drive from where I stay! Not huge amounts, but enough for snowballs and little snow... dwarfs (can't call them men...) Of course the downside to playing with snow is that it happens to be freezing! I thought my fingers were going to fall off!

Despite the cold it was a fun afternoon out. Throwing snowballs, making scum angels...um...snow angels, building snowmen and appreciating the beauty of the surrounding mountains.

On a lighter note... I just finished double glazing the window in my bedroom. In an attempt to keep some of the heat inside! I went for the cheap option...2 strips of clingwrap taped to the inside of the window frame; trapping a layer of air between it and the window.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. I'm told it works...time will reveal the truth...

No comments: