Friday, July 29, 2005

Saying goodbye

It's still a while till I leave South Africa, but the idea of saying goodbye is weighing on me. There are so many people who are special to me here. Special friends, and of course close family. It will be strange to have to say goodbye, not knowing when next we'll meet.

I guess I'm thinking about this for a number of reasons.

Just last week I had to say goodbye to a whole group of friends whom I have been getting close to over the past year. The training team have all left now, and some of those guys and girls I'll truly miss. Who knows if I'll ever see them again?

Then Sunday we had a memorial for Clive, to remember his life. I can't really believe it's been a year since he's gone home. It was strange again to see all his friends, whom I haven't seen for the past year. People I knew through Clive. Somehow we just lost touch.

And then, yesterday, I got together with some girls from my training team. The last 3 who are now all setting out to various destinations.

It's strange to have to say goodbye.

I don't like it! Not one bit.

No comments: