Monday, April 03, 2006

Just can't keep up

Sad! I though I could keep this Blog up to date now that I have ADSL. WRONG! It seems I'm as slow to update as ever!

Anyway, it's been an interesting month. Lots of changes at hand.

I've announced my decision to leave Turkey and return to South Africa. This has been met with mixed responses. The folk here obviously don't want me to leave. The folk back home are happy to see me return. It's just too hard to get that all important residence permit, which would allow me to stay. I feel that my time here has been worthwhile and productive, but that other things are awaiting me.

Speaking of other things...

I'm hoping to start providing IT type support to non-profit organizations in South Africa. This fits right in with my specific skills. I may also look into the whole aspect of providing Computer skills training in under-privleged areas. Again, this is something that fits my own skills and I can see myself actually being useful to people through it.

I'll update as things progress.

Pics (from my recent trip inland) to follow.

No comments: