Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A day off

So Tuesday they closed the schools. There was a lot of concern that there might be a more severe quake on the way. But the day went by without incident. There were a few small after shocks late in the evening. But nothing severe. A few buildings were damaged in areas close to the epicenter. All in all, not too bad.

It was interesting though for me, being my first experience. I now have given some real thought to what I must do in the event of another quake. I now keep a bottle of water next to my bed and have a little survival pack there too. Some of that Rescue training kicking in. You never know...

Today things were back to normal. I did receive my residents permit yesterday so now I can look into setting up an ADSL connection. Hooray!

No comments: